"We are really interested in a pool…now what?"
This Sunshine Fun swimming pool could be your second or third largest purchase. Sit down with your family and make a list of your pool needs. You may find you have many more needs for the pool than just swimming. Your pool can be the year-round vacation spot you have been looking for if the right planning is taken into consideration.
Click each question link below to reveal its answer in our FAQ's
- What features and design elements should we consider?
- What should we do to prepare for your initial visit?
- What if we change our mind about the design?
- How long will it take to complete my pool?
- How will you know what type of design and materials complement our home and lifestyle?
- How does financing work?
- What must we do during the construction of our pool?
- Where can our equipment be located?
- What about HOA approval, entering over neighbor's property, common property or city/county property?
- Game and activities pool or diving pool (for water recreation)?
- Lots of length (for swimming laps)?
- Spa and/or tanning ledge (for soaking or relaxing)?
- Raised Spa, Custom Mosaics or Special Lighting (for visual impact)
- Rock waterfall, power falls, adjustable spray heads or fountains (for the soothing sounds of falling water)?
- Tropical freeform, roman shape, traditional or contemporary shape (expressing the appeal of your home)?
- It will be very helpful if you have a copy of your home property survey or plot plan (the map of your lot & home usually found with home closing papers). Sunshine Fun Pools will measure your yard anyway, but we need your survey or plot plan to spot existing easements which may affect the design.
- Sunshine Fun Pools, as part of our normal practices, will call and locate service before we dig. However, if possible, flag your backyard electric, water, sewer, gas, cable and phone lines in advance to see if they require rerouting. If they do, allowances can be added to your estimate, avoiding 'surprise' expenses later.
- Make the project a family affair. Tell everyone in your family to write down specific needs and preferences and be prepared to discuss them with us. The more input we have from your family, the better we can tailor the project to meet everyone's needs. As we want to design the pool with you in mind, we need both husband & wife to be available for 1 1/2 to 2 hours for our scheduled design meeting. The whole family is welcome.
- If you are planning a home improvement or home equity loan, let us know. We want to help and have access to get financing where equity is low. We can be a valuable source of information. The loan approval and homeowner's association approval can be done simultaneously.
Just tell us! This is not like a car purchase that you can't just trade in- let's get the design perfect. We will provide explanations and make suggestions about designs and practicality, but you make the final decision. Send us back to the drawing board until you get what you want. We don't mind because our goal is to create the perfect outdoor environment that will bring you happiness for years to come.
The average pool project takes about four weeks to six weeks, weather permitting, from excavation to enjoyment. Every added feature can add a few days or a week to the total construction time. Special inspections and features take more time.
We do not sacrifice the strength or the structural integrity of your pool with unattainable deadlines. Our commitment is to provide you with a safe, quality, complete pool at an affordable price without compromise. Most of our pools are completed within 30-45 days.
Don't be afraid to ask questions about what type of materials can be used for the construction and finishing of your pool. Sunshine Fun Pools design and project management professionals will take all the time needed to answer your questions and discuss details before and during the construction of your pool, spa, waterfall, decking and other features.
Sunshine Fun Pools customers can receive great financing offers from People's Bank & Trust. Home improvement, home equity, new construction and refinancing loans are available for most qualified homeowners. Adding value to your home and enjoying your backyard entertainment center can be done simultaneously.
Financing is easy! Our staff will complete all the paperwork and turn in the financing application on your behalf. We work with the bank on every loan to make sure that our customers get the best deal possible. Come visit us and see just close you are to owning the pool of your dreams.
As always at Sunshine Fun Pools, should you not be approved for financing for any reason, your down payment is returned to you in full.
Most of what you do is before construction: getting financial approval, notifying us of the closing date at the bank or title company and who we may contact about payment terms. We can provide the information needed by your homeowner's association, but usually they will contact you with approval. So you need to call us to proceed.
- During construction, please keep children and pets clear of the pool site to avoid any injuries. We have insurance, but it is intended for our workers, not for your family and friends.
- The day after gunite has been applied please lightly spray the surface with water twice daily for 7 days to help the curing process. When coping and tile is applied, please refrain from watering it on that day.
- Our plaster crew will start to fill the pool with water when they finish - You are to observe the water level and not turn water off before it reaches ¾ up waterline tile, then fill the spa if there is one. A 2nd hose can be used, but taking care to cover the metal end and not running water directly onto the new plaster is requested. Do not allow anyone into the pool prior to our starting it for you. Call us when the pool is full, so we can have the equipment started, chemicals introduced and explain its operation for you.
Damage may occur to the plaster if anything is in the pool that can cause indentations or staining, so please do not allow objects to get on the plaster. Rock waterfalls should not be used during the startup period, and any debris in the pool should be removed promptly. Our warranty for plaster does not include damage to the surface. It does cover durability of surfaces after the startup period. Warranties range from one to 10 years, depending on the pool interior you select. Slight imperfections for all surfaces are normal, with stone surfaces taking on various color hues most notable when lighted.
- At startup, we will request the pump remain running 24 hours daily for five to 10 days. It is important to keep the water level at the proper level in your pool and check it every day during this startup period. During the five to 10 day startup period you are to brush the plaster twice daily. The heater is not to be used & do not use an automatic cleaner with wheels, such as the Phantom during this startup period.
- After the initial 10 day period, the timers or aqualogic for the pump can be set and the cleaner set to clean your pool each day. You should then test the water and observe the water level and chemical balance on a regular basis. Do not drain the pool at any time. We can be consulted at any time or most pool service stores will be happy to check your water and provide recommendations on what needs to be done to keep your water sparkling clear. Our pool service page offers information on filter cleaning and references for generic chemical treatments for your information.
- If you pool has a heater and it is fueled by propane gas, you may need to contact your gas company to have them make the final connection to the gas meter. Please let the person you are contacting at your gas company know the size of your pool and spa heater (typically 400k BTU). We cannot schedule the final connection, so you will need to call them directly and make payment to them when the work is done.
- Everything is under warranty, so please call us if anything seems to not work properly. We are the authorized Hayward warranty for B/CS here to serve you needs.
It is important that we place the equipment in an area that is accessible for maintenance, close to needed utilities and not in the way. To make sure operation is at hand, all of our equipment sets with a spa and pool heater include remote controls. Upgrades are available for even more remote functions from inside your home. Temperature control, light controls, water feature controls, freeze protection, in addition to spa and heater controls are included with the AquaLogic Control Center.
Spa-side controls are also available via the spa side remote for the spa lighting, air blowers, and heaters or digital controls with complete control of all functions.
Our licensed electricians and master plumbers make sure equipment is placed in areas that will not interfere and be safe. All equipment is mounted on approved equipment pads and follow all safety codes.
What about HOA approval, entering over neighbor's property, common property or city/county property?
Most neighborhoods require homeowner association approval and we provide the needed documents for you to apply to the association or management company. Approval to cross neighbor's property is required by you and we must have a written authorization before excavation begins. Entering over common property or government-owned land is usually prohibited, but if you can get written authorization, we shall use that access if not more than 50 feet from the pool site to street. Some neighborhoods require the landscaping be replaced as we level the ground, but do not replace sod or plants destroyed during excavation with our equipment, unless provided for in the contract.
We build to the proper requirements and to our engineering standards, observing easements and building lines as shown on your property survey plat map, so please have a copy of your property survey in scale available - If only the original is in scale, we can keep the original free of writing, etc - just let us know to return it. You may fax the survey to us with any questions about your pool site - FAX: 979-690-7822
Please call to let us know how to serve you best and when we can set a time for your pool design and construction scheduling meeting.
For a Free Yard Consultation Call 979-690-3343